The Eufy company designs various smart home devices for different purposes, including security, health, baby care, cleaning, and more.
All of these devices are managed from the Eufy app, the platform where we can see our body fat in case we have a smart scale, access the cam’s live view, run the vacuum, etc.
In short, this mobile program is the heart and soul of all Eufy gadgets.
Like any other app on your phone, the Eufy app can sometimes face problems due to certain bugs, so what are the main issues that this app can have?
Based on my observation, the main complaint that has been reported by users was that the Eufy app was not showing devices, sending notifications, or not opening at all.
Don’t worry because in the next chapters of this post, I’ll guide you through all solutions that you can try whenever the Eufy app is not working.
How To Fix Eufy App Not Working?
There are many reasons why the Eufy app stops working, such as connectivity issues, outdated software versions, or internal bugs in your smartphone or the program itself.
Trick 1: Update The Eufy App.
The first thing you need to do is to update your Eufy app, this step is mandatory because if your app isn’t updated the issues will occur frequently.
An outdated app that doesn’t receive any updates will face compatibility issues with the phone’s OS as it can’t adapt to the latest changes.
This can be the main reason why your Eufy app is not working, so be sure to update it.
Here’s how to update Eufy on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap Menu, then my apps & games.
- Find your Eufy app, then tap Update.
And here’s how to update it on IOS devices:
- Go to the App Store.
- At the bottom right of the screen, tap Search.
- Tap your account.
- Find the Eufy program, then tap Update.
Trick 2: Update The mobile OS.
Updating the phone OS is as important as updating the app, this process will improve your device’s performance and program functionality.
It can also protect you from viruses and improve compatibility so that your device is compatible with all installed apps, including Eufy.
So now that you know the importance of this step, here are the instructions to follow to install the new version of your operating system.
Here are how to turn on auto updates on iOS devices:
- Go to Settings, the tap on General
- Select Software Update.
- Tap Automatic Updates, then toggle on Download iOS Updates.
- Turn on Install iOS Updates.
- Your device will automatically update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
Note: Some updates might need to be installed manually.
And here’s how to do it on Android:
- When you get a notification, open it and tap the update action.
If you cleared your notification or your device has been offline:
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.
Trick 3: Restart Your Smartphone.
The next solution I suggest is to restart your phone, this closes all running software on your phone and loads all system files from scratch.
This troubleshooting tip will clear the device’s memory, apps, and conflicts and help it recover from errors that prevent the Eufy app from running, all that without the risk of data loss.
The process is simple, you just need to turn off your smartphone, wait about 60 seconds and then turn it back on.
Trick 4: Clear The Eufy Cache.
The smartphone collects the Eufy app cache and stores it in a temporary storage location on your phone after you open this program for the first time.
The main reason for collecting this cache is to improve performance and help the Eufy app load faster.
But if that cache data is corrupt, this app may misbehave or refuse to open, so we need to delete it to let our program run properly.
This is how to clear the Eufy app cache on Android devices:
- Go to Settings, then select Storage.
- On the storage list choose Other apps.
- Select your Eufy app.
- On the app’s info page, click on the Clear Cache button.
And here’s how to do it on IOS devices:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on General.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Choose your Eufy app in order to clear, and tap Offload App.
Trick 5: Force Stop The Eufy App.
If you cleared the cache but nothing changed and the program is still struggling, then I suggest to force stop this program and reopening it again.
I’ve recommended this troubleshooting tip in several of our previous articles to help people get their mobile apps working after a bug.
Here’s how to force stop the Eufy app on Android:
- Open Settings on an Android device.
- Scroll the list and tap Apps, Applications or Manage apps.
- Scroll the list to find the Eufy program to force quit.
- Tap FORCE STOP.
And Here’s how to do it on an IOS device:
- To quit the app, open the App Switcher, swipe right to find the Eufy software, then swipe up on it.
- If you are on iOS 11, tap and hold the app instead of swiping it away. When the red minus symbol appears on the app card, tap it to quit the program.
Trick 6: Try To Remove Recently Installed Apps.
If the Eufy app has stopped working right after installing a new app or game, then the issue may be with those new programs installed on your phone.
What I recommend here is to start deleting these apps one by one until the problem is resolved.
Trick 7: Check Your Internet Connection.
The last thing we suggest here is to check your network as the app requires an internet connection to communicate with your Eufy devices.
If your Eufy app is facing connectivity issues, so this is the root cause of your problem, you can try the following tips to fix it:
- Check your internet subscription.
- Power cycle your router & modem.
- Reduce Wifi frequency interference.
- Enhance Wifi signal reach.
- Make sure your mobile Wifi is On.
- Reset the router & modem.
- Make sure you’re using the right Wifi credentials.
These were the main troubleshooting steps that you can take when you notice that the Eufy mobile application is not working.
If they didn’t work, you can contact the app developer for further assistance.