With the Kasa Plug schedule, you can easily switch devices on and off at certain times and days without any manual interference from your side.
This will help you automate your appliances with the least amount of effort and can add a lot of convenience when it comes to controlling your home devices.
Until now everything looks great.
But when I was searching the web, I noticed that many users were looking for a solution to their Kasa plug schedule because it had stopped working.
There’s a big chance that you’ve landed in this post because you’re one of those users who are looking for a solution to their Kasa schedule.
Let me tell you that you have come to the right place because in the next chapters, you’ll find everything you need to fix this issue.
7 Tips To Fix Kasa Smart Plug Schedule Not Working.
There are many reasons why the Kasa plug schedule might stop working including wrong time and date settings, outdated app, connection issues, or internal errors.
In the following sections of this article, you’ll find 7 tips that I’ve prepared especially for you to get your Kasa outlet schedule back to work.
So keep reading.
Tip 1: Check The Time & Date.
When you notice that the devices linked to the Kasa outlet aren’t acting as scheduled, it may be due to the wrong time zone set in the Kasa Smart app.
This frequently happens when users move to another state or country with a different time zone and they forget to change the settings.
In this case, you have to open the Kasa app and set the right time zone and everything will work normally as before.
Here are the steps to follow to adjust the settings:
- Open the Kasa Smart app on your mobile or tablet.
- Then go to the app settings.
- Tap on Location and Time.
- Click on Time Zone.
- Select your current time zone.
- Then tap on Location and click on the SYNC LOCATION button.
- Check your Time Zone and Sync Location time to match the current time in your area.
Note: If the time is still inaccurate, please follow the same process and tap “Enter Location Manually” instead.
Tip 2: Update The Kasa App.
If adjusting your time zone didn’t have any impact and your schedule is still not working, then I recommend checking if the Kasa Smart app is updated.
As mentioned earlier, an outdated mobile app can be the main reason why your schedule isn’t working as expected.
When the Kasa app isn’t updated, it can face various bugs, errors, and other performance issues that can ruin the user experience and allow problems to arise.
I also recommend updating the app to get the latest features released by the manufacturer and fix security flaws that hackers can exploit.
Here’s how to update the app on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu, then my apps & games.
- Find the Kasa Smart app and tap Update.
And here’s how to do it on IOS devices:
- Go to the App Store.
- At the bottom right of the screen, tap Search.
- Tap your account.
- Find the app and tap update.
Tip 3: Check Your Internet Connection.
If you created a new schedule while the Kasa outlet was having connection issues, then the outlet won’t work with this new schedule until the connectivity issue is resolved.
I won’t talk a lot about how to resolve Kasa plug connectivity issues because I have already written a detailed article about that and you can check it here: “7 Tips To Fix Kasa Smart Plug Not Connecting To Wifi.”
Tip 4: Power Cycle The Kasa Smart Plug.
The fourth tip in this article is to power cycle your Kasa smart plug, I like this solution and generally recommend it in all my troubleshooting articles.
Power cycling this socket will help it recover from internal software bugs and errors that prevent it from working properly, and which may be the main reason why the socket isn’t acting as scheduled.
All you have to do is unplug the Kasa plug from the wall outlet, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.
Tip 5: Set Up A New Schedule.
The next thing you can do is delete the old schedule and set a new one from scratch, this may cause the socket to respond, especially if the previous one was set incorrectly.
Here are the steps to follow in order to create a new schedule properly:
- Open the Kasa Smart app on your mobile or tablet.
- Go to the Home page and tap on the All Devices tab.
- Then click on your outlet.
- Now tap on the Schedule icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then click on the “+” icon on the top right corner.
- First, choose whether you want the outlet to turn on or off when the event time arrives.
- Then Select the time and days when you want the event to happen.
- Press the Save button and the schedule will be set.
Note: You can repeat the same process to create as many schedules as you want.
Tip 6: Reset The Kasa Plug.
The last solution in our article is to reset the Kasa socket to its factory settings, this can fix chronic performance issues as well as resolve temporary internal software errors.
This troubleshooting tip will also delete all your settings and preferences, including existing schedules, so you need to create new ones by following the steps I showed you above.
Here are the instructions to follow in order to reset your Kasa plug:
- Hold down the Power button until the indicator light blinks slowly and then rapidly.
- The rapid flashing shows the device is reset and is now in setup mode.
- Now start the setup process all over again.
Tip 7: Contact The Customer Support.
If you tried all the tips and tricks I showed you above and none of them worked for you, I suggest you contact customer support and they will give you more solutions suitable for your case.
In my opinion, the solutions presented in this article are powerful and they can get your Kasa Smart plug schedule back to work like before.
- 6 Ways To Fix Eufy Doorbell Not Working With Google Home. - May 23, 2023
- How To Fix Arlo Doorbell Charging Issues? - May 21, 2023
- Arlo Doorbell Stops Recording? – Here’s How To Fix It. - May 4, 2023