Nest camera users have become accustomed to the convenience afforded by the accessibility of live views and recorded footage through the Nest or Google Home app, providing an efficient means of remote home monitoring.
However, as technology enthusiasts look for various options to monitor their living spaces, an increasing number of users are expressing their desire to extend this monitoring capability to their computers.
The good news is that you can actually watch the Nest Security Camera on your computer. In the following chapters of this article, we’ll dive into multiple methods, showcasing alternative ways to easily access your Nest Camera using your computer.
3 Ways to Watch Nest Camera on Your Computer.
In this chapter, I will show you 3 different ways you can use to view the Nest camera on your computer, the first is through the Google Home website, the second is by casting your smartphone screen and the last is directly through the app.
Select the most user-friendly method that suits you best and enjoy seamless access to your camera on your PC.
Method 1: Access From The Google Home App (Web Version).
In 2022, Google introduced an update to Google Home on home.google.com, enabling users to seamlessly access their Nest camera feeds directly on the web.
Now, with a simple visit to your web browser, you can check live views in full screen, zoom in for enhanced details, monitor camera status, and explore additional features—all at your fingertips.
Here are the steps to follow in order to access this feature:
- Go to home.google.com on your desktop computer.
- Sign in with the same Google account you use in the Google Home app.
- You’ll be able to see live streams from your cameras straight away.
- You can also toggle between a single camera view and a multi-camera view.
Note: This feature also allows you to turn cameras on or off, and wake up battery cameras when they are inactive.
Method 2: Cast Your Smartphone or tablet screen on a PC.
Another approach to viewing your Nest camera on your PC is to access the live view through the app on your tablet or mobile device, and then cast the screen to your computer.
However, it’s worth noting that this method relies on the availability of your mobile or tablet. In instances where these devices are absent or their batteries are depleted, this technique won’t work.
Here’s how to cast an IOS device:
- Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the device screen or swiping down from the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Screen Mirroring” or “AirPlay” button.
- Select your computer.
- Your iOS screen will show on your computer.
- Launch the Nest or Google Home app and access the live view to see what’s happening inside your house.
Here’s how to cast an Android device:
- Go to Settings and search for “cast”, then click the search result.
- Select Cast, then Tap the 3 dots on the top right corner and tick mark “Enable Wireless Display”.
- Your PC Device name should now appear, Tap on it.
- Your Android display will now be cast to your PC.
- Launch the Nest or Google Home app and access the footage or live view and it will appear on your computer.
Method 3: Download The “Nest” or “Google Home” app on your PC.
The last solution is to download the “Nest” or “Google Home” app on your PC, with this method you will access the app directly from your computer without needing your phone or tablet.
Chromebook users can download these apps directly from the ‘Google Play Store.’ However, for Windows and Mac users, the app isn’t available on the ‘Microsoft Store,’ and macOS App Store which requires the use of an Android Emulator.
And here are the steps to download it on Chromebook:
- Open the Play Store from the Launcher.
- Go to the search bar and search for the “Nest” or “Google Home” app.
- After you’ve found the app, press the Install button on the app page.
The app will be downloaded and installed on your Chromebook automatically (It will now appear in the Launcher).
If you’re a Windows or mac user follow the steps below to access your Nest camera from BlueStacks (Android Emulator):
- Open your web browser.
- Then go to this website: bluestacks.com
- from this website download BlueStacks and install it on your computer just like you do with any other software.
- Once installed, Open the BlueStacks on the computer.
- Click on the Play Store and log in to your Google Play account.
- Then search for the “Nest” or “Google Home” app and install it.
- Once the app is installed on BlueStacks, click on it and log in to your account.
- Then tap on your Nest Cam on the app and the live stream will appear.
These are the three methods you can use to access the Nest Smart Camera recording and live feed from your PC, choose the technique that suits you best and if you encounter any problems, consider contacting customer support for help.