You may want to access your Reolink camera to keep your family safe, monitor your business, or simply stay connected to your home security. But just as you launch the Reolink app with high expectations, you encounter an unpleasant surprise: it doesn’t work.
This can be a frustrating experience, especially if you’re trying to access the camera’s live view at a critical time or when you receive notifications about something happening around your home and you can’t see what it is about.
That’s why I’ve created a comprehensive guide to help you troubleshoot and fix Reolink app issues, whether you’re an iPhone or Android user.
I’ll walk you through a series of tips and solutions, ensuring your Reolink app is back on track, so you can continue to access live views, review recordings, and receive timely notifications without issue.
So if you’re ready, let’s get started.
7 Tips To Fix Reolink App Not Working.
This chapter is all about the tips that you can use in order to get your Reolink security app back to work, the tips are easy to implement, so go ahead and try them out one by one until you discover the one that will fix your issue.
Tip 1: Reboot Your Mobile Phone.
The first and the easiest thing I suggest to start with is rebooting the mobile phone where the Reolink app is installed whether it’s iOS or Android.
Besides its simple application, this tip can be highly effective at addressing temporary bugs and glitches that can occur within the mobile operating system, thereby getting your Reolink software back in working order.
To do this, just power down your smartphone, wait for approximately 60 seconds and then power it back on.
Note: If you’re using the Reolink app on a tablet instead of a mobile phone, you can follow the same procedure.
Tip 2: Clear The Reolink app Cache.
If rebooting your smartphone didn’t yield any results, and you’re still encountering issues with your Reolink app, the next step is to clear the app cache.
The accumulated cache might have a bad impact on the performance of your Reolink app, potentially causing it to stop working. To address this, I recommend clearing the cache to give the app a fresh start.
This is how to clear the Reolink cache on Android devices:
- Go to Settings, then select Storage.
- On the storage list choose Other apps.
- Select the Reolink app.
- On the app’s info page, click on the Clear Cache button.
And here’s how to do it on IOS devices:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on General.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Choose the Reolink app in order to clear, and tap Offload App.
Tip 3: Update The OS.
Our third solution in this article involves updating your phone’s operating system.
Manufacturers release these updates to enhance performance and rectify errors that may have been present in previous versions, potentially affecting the functionality of both your device and its applications.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow in order to update your Android OS:
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.
And here’s how to do it on iOS:
- Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
- Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
- Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now.
Tip 4: Update The Reolink app.
Another crucial step to consider is updating the Reolink app itself. Just like updating your phone’s operating system, keeping your Reolink app current is essential for enhancing performance and resolving potential issues.
Running an outdated app can lead to performance problems and even create vulnerabilities that hacker could exploit to compromise your camera’s security and invade your privacy.
Here’s how to update the app on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap Menu, then my apps & games.
- Find the Reolink app.
- Tap Update.
And here’s how to update it on IOS devices:
- Go to the App Store.
- At the bottom right of the screen, tap Search.
- Tap your account.
- Find the Reolink app.
- Tap Update.
Tip 5: Fix Connectivity Issues.
Another thing we suggest is to check your network as the app requires an internet connection to communicate with your Reolink cameras.
You can conclude that the issue is coming from your internet connection if you can access the Reolink app but you aren’t able to take control of the cameras connected to it.
If that’s the case here are some best practices to fix your internet connectivity issues:
- Power cycle your router.
- Reduce Wi-Fi frequency interference.
- Improve Wi-Fi signals.
- Make sure your smartphone or Wi-Fi is On.
- Reset the router.
- Make sure you’re using the right Wi-Fi credentials.
Tip 6: Reset The app.
Resetting the Reolink app can be a highly effective method to address persistent issues. Resetting the app essentially clears its configuration and settings, allowing you to start afresh.
This can be helpful if the app has encountered complex issues or if you’ve made extensive customizations that might be causing conflicts.
Please note that resetting the app will erase the recordings, custom settings or preferences you’ve configured, so be prepared to reconfigure it to your liking after the reset.
If you’re an Android user here are the steps to follow:
- Navigate to your device’s settings.
- Scroll down and select “Apps” or “Application Manager.”
- Find and tap on the Reolink app in the list of installed apps.
- Tap “Storage.”
- Click “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache” to reset the app.
- Uninstall the app from your device.
- Go to the Google Play Store and reinstall the Reolink app.
- Open the app and set it up with your preferences.
Here are the steps for iOS users:
- Locate the Reolink app icon on your home screen.
- Press and hold the app icon until it starts wiggling and displays an “X” in the corner.
- Tap the “X” icon to delete the app. This will remove the Reolink app from your device.
- Visit the App Store and re-download the Reolink app.
- Open the app and configure it with your settings as needed.
Tip 7: Contact The app Developer.
If you’ve attempted all the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article, but none have successfully resolved the issue, it’s advisable to get in touch with the platform’s developer.
The developer can have more knowledge on how to resolve the problem you’re currently facing and may offer valuable insights into the underlying issue.
By following these steps and keeping your devices up to date, you can ensure seamless surveillance and security.
Remember, when all else fails, don’t hesitate to reach out to the developer. You can also visit other articles in our website to learn more about how to troubleshoot smart home gadgets.
- 6 Easy Ways To Fix YI Camera Motion Detection Not Working. - November 29, 2023
- Arlo Camera Activity Zone Not Working? – 7 Tips to Fix It. - November 27, 2023
- 6 Quick Tips To Fix Arlo Camera Not Syncing. - November 26, 2023