With Philips Hue routines, you can set the light to automatically turn on and off or change color at certain times of the day without any manual interference from your side.
An example of this is to program the light to turn on when it’s time to get out of bed, or you can set it to turn off when you leave for work each day.
You can also program it to slowly dim as bedtime approaches, flash green to remind you to take out the trash or turn blue when it’s time for children to do their homework.
There are plenty of other ideas for creating lighting routines that can help you save energy and improve the comfort inside your home.
This is not our main topic as our aim in this article is to help users who have reported that their Philips Hue routines have stopped working.
So if you’re one of those who are facing this problem, then you have come to the right place. Keep reading and you will find tons of solutions to help you fix this issue.
How To Fix Philips Hue Routines Not Working?
Before talking about any solutions, let me answer a question that many of you may have which is why Hue Routines stopped working.
There are various reasons that cause the routines not to work, including an outdated app or firmware, incorrect time and date, power issues, or internal software issues.
In the following sections, you will find all the tips and solutions that you can implement to allow your routine to return to work.
So let’s get started.
Solution 1: Check The Time & Date.
To ensure that routines run at the appropriate time and date, it is necessary to set the accurate time zone in the app. Incorrect settings can prevent the routines from being triggered and may be the root cause of your problem.
This kind of issue frequently occurs when people move to another state or city with a different time zone and forget to adjust the settings.
For example, if you move from a central time zone to an eastern time zone and update your home location in the app, your routine will continue to run at the wrong time until you change the time zone.
Here are the steps to follow in order to modify your settings:
- Open the Philips Hue app.
- Tap on settings at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Go to your Hue Bridge and click on the Info button.
- Then go to Time Zone and set the correct Time Zone.
Note: Make sure to follow the same steps to update the Time Zone on all your Hue devices including your light bulbs.
Solution 2: Check The Wall Switch.
Despite its advanced features and futuristic design, Philips Hue smart lighting still requires a power source in the same way as traditional lighting.
So one of the popular reasons that lead Hue routines to stop working is a wall switch being turned off, preventing the Philips light from receiving power to operate.
So when you notice that the routines aren’t responding go and check if your wall switch is on, if not make sure to turn it on. With this quick fix, you can easily get your Hue routines back to work.
Solution 3: Update The App and The Device Firmware.
The third solution in our article is to update the Philips Hue app and device firmware. Why is it important to do this?
An outdated Hue app can’t adapt to the latest changes, which can cause compatibility issues with the OS and also reduce performance, which could be the main cause of your routine problem.
The device firmware is as important as the app because it’s responsible for providing instructions on how the device is supposed to operate.
So make sure to update the app by following the next instruction.
Update the Philips Hue app on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu, then my apps & games.
- Find the Philips Hue app and tap Update.
Update the Philips Hue app on IOS:
- Go to the App Store.
- At the bottom right of the screen, tap Search.
- Tap your account.
- Find the app and tap update.
After that follow the next steps to update your Hue devices:
- Open the Hue app.
- Then go to settings and click “Software-update”.
- The app will now start to look for updates and download them when available.
Solution 4: Set Up New Routines.
Deleting your old routines and creating new ones from scratch is another solution you can implement in order to get your Hue routines back to work.
I’ve recommended this kind of solution with other brands so why not try it on your Philips Hue system, it’s easy to implement, it doesn’t take time and it can be so effective.
All you have to do is delete your old routines and create new ones from scratch by following these instructions:
- Open the Philips Hue app.
- Tap on Routines from the bottom menu.
- you can choose between three kinds of routines: Timers, Wake up, Go to Sleep, Home & Away, Other Routines, or from other apps.
- Tap on the type of routine you want to create.
- Customize the routine by adjusting the time and day and other kinds of settings, then tap Save.
Solution 5: Reset The Philips Hue Device.
The fifth and final solution in our article is to reset your Philips Hue lighting system, it’s a great way to improve performance and fix errors that prevent routines from working as expected.
The only downside you expect from this process is that all your data, settings and preferences will be removed from the device and you’ll have to configure everything from scratch.
Follow these steps if you are using a single Philips Hue bulb or standalone light and want to reset it by itself:
- Open The Hue app.
- Tap on Settings on the bottom menu and Choose Lights.
- Select the light you want to reset and tap Delete.
- The device gets forgotten by the app and is ready to be added again.
Follow these steps if your Philips Hue lighting is connected to a Hue Bridge:
- Turn the Bridge up-side down.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds using a paperclip or a needle.
- The LED on the front will blink to show that the reset is in progress.
- Once the LED stops blinking, the reset is done and you can proceed to set up the device again.
Note: When resetting the Hue Bridge, all lamps and bulbs in your system will be reset at the same time.
Now that you’re equipped with all the tips and solutions you can use to get your Philips Hue routines back to work, implement them one by one until your routines are working again.
If you’ve tried all the solutions and the problem persists, then I recommend that you contact the Philips Hue customer support team for further assistance.
You might also consider getting help from a tech-savvy friend or professional, as they can bring a fresh perspective and be able to identify a solution you may have missed.
- 6 Ways To Fix Eufy Doorbell Not Working With Google Home. - May 23, 2023
- How To Fix Arlo Doorbell Charging Issues? - May 21, 2023
- Arlo Doorbell Stops Recording? – Here’s How To Fix It. - May 4, 2023