Having your Deebot robot vacuum lose internet connection can be quite annoying as this will cause it to lose many of its smart features such as remote app and voice control, receiving notifications and setting new schedules.
But here’s the good news: In this article, we’ll guide you through seven effective ways to resolve the common issue of your Deebot robot vacuum refusing to connect to your Wi-Fi.
By the time you’ve finished reading, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and solutions to get your trusty robotic cleaner back on track.
So, if you’re tired of dealing with a disconnected Deebot, let’s dive into the world of troubleshooting and get your vacuum seamlessly back online.
How To Fix Deebot Vacuum Not Connecting To Wi-Fi?
Now in this section, you’ll find all the promised solutions that will help you reconnect your Deebot vacuum, don’t worry if you’re not a techy guy because the tips are easy to implement.
So make sure to try them one by one until you find the right one that will work for you.
Tip 1: Check Your Internet Subscription.
One of the primary reasons your Deebot robot vacuum may struggle to connect is an expired internet subscription.
The Deebot relies on the internet connection to communicate with your smartphone app and voice assistants, enabling you to control it remotely and send important updates.
first, verify that your internet subscription is active and not expired. If you find that your subscription has expired, reach out to your internet service provider to renew it.
By making sure your internet subscription is active, you’ll pave the way for seamless communication between your Deebot and its smart features. This is the first step to resolving connectivity issues and getting your robot vacuum back on track.
Tip 2: Power Cycle The Deebot Robot and The Router.
If your internet subscription is active, but your Deebot robot vacuum is still having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi, a quick and effective solution is to perform a power cycle on both your router and your robot vacuum.
This process can resolve connectivity issues by refreshing network connections and clearing internal firmware bugs. Here’s how to do it:
For Your Router:
- Unplug your router it from the power source.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds to ensure that it completely powers down.
- Plug your router back in and give it a moment to boot up. This usually takes a couple of minutes.
For Your Deebot Robot Vacuum:
- Locate your Deebot robot vacuum ON/OFF button and switch it off.
- Unplug the Charger: If your robot is on the charging dock, unplug it from the charger.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Then turn your robot vacuum back on and place it back on the charger if necessary. It will reconnect to the network once powered on.
By power cycling both your router and your robot vacuum, you’re effectively giving them a fresh start, often resolving temporary connectivity issues that might be causing the problem.
Tip 3: Connect To The Right Frequency Channel.
A common thing that can lead to connectivity issues is using the wrong Wi-Fi frequency channel.
Deebot robot vacuums typically operate on the 2.4 GHz frequency, and they do not support the 5 GHz frequency. To ensure a smooth connection, make sure your robot is connected to the correct channel.
Additionally, it’s essential to minimize interference from other devices operating on the same frequency. Having too many devices on the 2.4 GHz band in close proximity can lead to signal congestion and hinder your robot’s connectivity.
Tip 4: Update The Firmware and The App.
Sometimes, the key to resolving connectivity issues with your Deebot robot vacuum lies in ensuring that both the robot’s firmware and the companion Ecovacs app are up to date.
These updates are designed to fix internal glitches and bugs that can impede proper communication with your Wi-Fi network and smart devices including your smartphone and voice assistants.
Here are the steps to follow to update your robot vacuum:
- Login in the ECOVACS HOME App.
- Tap the Enter Smart Cleaning.
- Tap the setting icon on the right top corner of the screen.
- Select “About DEEBOT“, then tap on ”Update DEEBOT“.
For the Ecovacs app you can follow these instructions:
Update the app on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu, then my apps & games.
- Find the Ecovacs Home app and tap Update.
Update the app on IOS:
- Go to the App Store.
- At the bottom right of the screen, tap Search.
- Tap your account.
- Find the Ecovacs app and tap update.
By keeping both your Deebot’s firmware and the Ecovacs app up to date, you ensure that your robot vacuum is equipped with the latest features and bug fixes.
Tip 5: Check Your Battery Level.
Another factor that can affect your Deebot’s ability to connect to Wi-Fi is its battery level. If the battery is too low, the robot may have difficulty establishing a stable connection.
If your robot is dealing with charging issues you can take a look at this article to fix it “6 Easy Tips To Fix Deebot Vacuum Not Charging.”
Tip 6: Strengthen Your Wi-Fi Signal.
In order for your vacuum to connect and operate effectively, it’s essential that Wi-Fi signals reach it. If your device is in an area where the signal can’t reach, connectivity issues will arise naturally.
To enhance the strength of your Wi-Fi signals, there are various steps you can take, and one of the simplest methods is to relocate your router to a spot where signals can reach your entire home.
However, for those residing in more spacious homes where pinpointing the perfect router location proves challenging, there are additional options available. You can invest in a Wi-Fi range extender or set up a mesh network to amplify and extend the signal’s reach.
Tip 7: Reset The Robot.
When all else fails, performing a hard reset on your Deebot robot can sometimes resolve stubborn connectivity issues. This step will return the robot to its default settings and can clear out persistent glitches.
It’s important to note that performing a hard reset will erase all your gadget’s settings and preferences, requiring you to reconfigure it from scratch.
Here’s how to perform a hard reset:
- Turn the ECOVACS DEEBOT turning on the power switch.
- Once the DEEBOT is on, press the reset button located next to the power button for more than 6 seconds until there’s a sound coming out.
- Once you hear the beep sound 3 times from the device, the DEEBOT has been reset.
- Congratulations, your ECOVACS DEEBOT has been reset.
I hope the tips in this article had it’s effect on your robot’s connectivity issues. However, if none of the previous solutions have proven successful in addressing your problem, don’t hesitate to reach out to customer support, they will provide you with additional assistance and guidance.
- 6 Easy Ways To Fix YI Camera Motion Detection Not Working. - November 29, 2023
- Arlo Camera Activity Zone Not Working? – 7 Tips to Fix It. - November 27, 2023
- 6 Quick Tips To Fix Arlo Camera Not Syncing. - November 26, 2023