SYLVANIA is a leading company in the field of lighting solutions. In recent years, it has produced many smart bulbs with many options such as remote control, color and brightness adjustment, the ability to create schedules and routines, etc.
people who want to purchase this product are asking if SYLVANIA Smart Bulbs work with Google Home? The answer is yes, SYLVANIA has worked on its lamps to make them compatible with Google Home to make voice control capability possible for its users.
In the next sections of this article, I will walk you through the steps to connect SYLVANIA Smart bulbs with Google Home, as well as the voice commands you need to switch on and off light, adjust brightness and much more.
How to connect SYLVANIA Smart bulbs to Google Home?
Pairing these bulbs with the Home app requires installing the Google Home app on your smartphone and setting up the lights on their own app, then integrating them by following the instructions below:
Note: These instructions apply to Wifi, Bluetooth and Zigbee models.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the “+” icon at the top left corner or in the middle of the home screen.
- Then select “Set up device”.
- Choose “Works with Google”.
- Tap on the magnifying glass and search for “SYLVANIA SMART Home” and tap on it.
- Log in to your SYLVANIA account using the same credential you’re using on the SYLVANIA App.
- Say “Okay Google, sync devices” or sync the devices using the Google Home app.
Your lamp is now ready to be controlled via the Google Home app and its speakers and displays, all you have to do is say the command you want and the voice assistant will take care of the rest.
Some people want to receive notifications from their SYLVANIA bulbs from their voice assistant and for this, you must deactivate Do Not Disturb mode in order to receive alerts via your smart speaker & display, and here is how to do it:
- Launch the Google Home app.
- Choose your speaker or display.
- Go to Settings and choose Notifications & digital wellbeing, then Do not disturb.
- Turn Do not disturb off.
Google Home voice commands to use with your SYLVANIA Smart bulbs.
As we mentioned before, voice commands are required to manage bulbs through your Google voice assistant, so you need to know them to turn on and off, adjust brightness, change colors, and manage your lamps as a group.
Here are some examples:
- “Hey Google, set (bulb’s name) to 80%.”
- “Google, turn on/off (bulb’s name).”
- “Google, set (bulb’s name) to blue.”
- “Google, turn on (bulb’s name/group’s name) and make the color green.”
- “Google, set (group’s name) to 50%.”
- “Google, turn on/off (group’s name).”
- “Hey Google, set (group’s name) to yellow.”
Change device name on the Google Home app.
If you plan to integrate many SYLVANIA bulbs with the Google Home app, it’s important to give each device a name to make it clear to your voice assistant which lamp you want to control.
Note 1: Be sure to use simple names to make it easier for your voice assistant to recognize and for you to pronounce.
Note 2: Do not change the device name from the SYLVANIA app as this requires the Google Home app to re-recognize the bulb.
Now follow these steps to modify the SYLVANIA Smart bulb name:
- Launch the Google Home app on your mobile or tablet.
- Choose the SYLVANIA bulb you want to edit.
- At the top right corner, tap Settings.
- Then Device information and then Device name.
- Enter a new name and tap Save.
Gadgets from which you can manage the SYLVANIA Smart Bulbs.
The following devices are the ones you can rely on to manage SYLVANIA lights via Google Assistant:
- IOS and Android phones and tablets.
- Google Nest Hub (2nd gen).
- Google Nest Hub Max.
- Nest Audio.
- Google Home mini.
Integrating your SYLVANIA Smart Bulbs with Google Home will bring you many benefits such as comfort and convenience and allow them to work with other smart home devices already set up in the Google app.