HomeKit is a platform developed by Apple, which is designed to let you control different smart home devices such as thermostats and plugs to cameras, door locks, and more from an Apple device like an iPad, iPhone or Mac.
The HomeKit integration is appealing to many users because it lets them control all of their smart home gadgets from a single platform and gives them the ability to create scenes, schedules, and automation.
One of the most asked questions comes from users of Sengled bulbs, these people are wondering if their lamps are compatible with Apple HomeKit and how to pair them to benefit from its potential advantages.
The answer is yes Sengled bulbs are compatible with HomeKit and for that, you need to connect them through the E39-G8C Hub other models like Z01-Hub and Z02-Hub aren’t compatible.
How Do I Connect Sengled Bulbs To Apple HomeKit?
Now let’s explore the steps that you’re required to pass by in order to connect Sengled bulbs to HomeKit.
First, you need to connect the Sengled Hub to Wifi and set it up on the Sengled Home app that you can download from App Store or Play Store. (You can read this “Article” to set up the Hub on the app).
After setting up the Hub, add your Sengled smart bulbs to this hub in order to connect them to HomeKit.
Now follow the next instructions to pair your Sengled smart hub to the Apple HomeKit:
- Open The Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the “+” icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on “Add Accessory”.
- Scan the Apple HomeKit QR code on the Sengled Hub (Make sure it’s connected to power).
Now your Hub is connected to HomeKit but the names of the bulbs and the rooms to which they were assigned do not automatically transfer over. So you’ll have to identify, name and group each lamp that is on your hub and here’s how to do it:
- Click on “Identify Accessory” to identify the bulb (The bulb that flashes is the one we are naming/assigning to a room).
- Once you identified the bulb give it a name and click on the “Room” bar and choose the room to which you wish to assign your lamp.
- Click on “Create New” if you don’t see the room you want.
- Toggle On the Include in Favorites features to let your bulb appears in the control center and in the Home tap so you can access it quickly.
- Then tap Next.
- The Home app suggests you some Scenes that you can select to work automatically.
You can repeat this process with all of your Sengled bulbs to give them names and assign them to rooms for better control and management.
Note: We recommend giving simple names to your lamp such as “Bedroom lamp” or “Living room bulb”, this will make them easy to remember and easy to hear from Siri (your voice assistant).
8 Voice Commands to Control your Sengled light with Siri.
Siri is the voice assistant that you can use once you integrate the Sengled smart bulb with the HomeKit, so you can control your lamps remotely with your voice which will add a lot of comfort and convenience to your House.
These are some commands that you can use to manage your Sengled lighting:
- “Hey Siri, Turn on my bedroom lamp”.
- “Hey Siri, Turn off my desk bulb”.
- “Hey Siri, Dim my living lamp”.
- “Hey Siri, Dim my Bedside lamp to 40%”.
- “Hey Siri, make my bathroom bulb to blue”.
- “Hey Siri set [bulb/room name] to [0-100]%”
- “Hey Siri, [name of scene]”: to run a scene.
- “Hey Siri, set [bulb/room name] to [color].”
How To Remove The Sengled Light From HomeKit?
It’s possible to delete your lights from the Apple Home app in case you find that the features provided by this integration are not suitable for you or you’re switching to another voice assistant.
Follow the instructions below to delete LIFX from the Home app:
- Open the Home app.
- Find the Sengled light you want to remove, You can find all your accessories from the Home section or Rooms section of the app.
- Press on the accessory to view its controls and access other options.
- Scroll down and tap on Remove Accessory to remove the Sengled bulb from your home.
- Tap on “Remove” again.
The integration between Sengled Lights and HomeKit is ideal for people who want to control all their smart home devices from a single platform.
It can also add a lot of convenience through scenes and automation, and without forgetting the voice assistant feature which is useful for those who don’t want to use the app.