Sharing your home security camera with other users can be very useful as these people can help you manage the device and respond to alerts when you’re away.
This process will increase your home security and give you peace of mind, especially when you’re on vacation or busy at work.
This is the main reason why many Eufy camera owners are looking for ways to share their security devices with their family members or friends.
In the following chapters, I’ll show you everything you need to do to share your Eufy doorbell and camera with other members that you trust.
Things You Need To Know Before Sharing Your Eufy Camera & Doorbell.
Sharing Your Eufy security device with other people requires a few easy steps but before implementing those steps you have to ensure that the following things are in place:
The first thing you need to know before sharing camera access is that you must be the admin because only the admin account has the authority to do this kind of thing.
Another thing to keep in mind is that Eufy has the capacity to support five shared accounts, so make sure you haven’t hit that number before adding a new member.
The location is also important, during the sharing process you and the person you want to share the device with must be in the same country otherwise the process won’t take place.
The last thing you need to check is that the person you want to share your camera or doorbell with has downloaded the Eufy Security app and created an account with their email address.
If he hasn’t created an account yet, here are the steps to follow to do so:
- Download the Eufy Security App from the PlayStore or AppStore.
- Open The App and Tap on Accept on the End User Licence Agreement (You can read it if you want).
- Then Click on Sign Up to create your account.
- Enter your Email address and set a password (Your password should be difficult to guess).
- A verification email will be sent to your inbox, make sure to confirm your email address.
- Go back to the Eufy Security app home screen and use your credentials and tap login to access the account.
- Choose the accurate region where you want to set up your devices (country). Then tap next.
- After you choose the region, the app will take you to your home app screen.
- Your account is ready now.
How Can I Share Eufy Cam & Doorbell Access With Family and Friends?
Now let’s move on to the steps to follow to share the Eufy security device access with family members or friends.
Important: Make sure you only share your security device with people you trust, because when you give someone access to that device, they will be able to see everything through your camera.
Here are the steps to follow in order to share your Eufy cam or doorbell:
- Open the eufySecurity app on your mobile or tablet.
- Tap on the slide bar on the top left corner of the homepage.
- Click on Family & Guests.
- Then tap on the Invite button.
- Select your permission preferences whether it’s “Admin” or “Guests”.
- The Admin will have the ability to change the settings but the Guest can only access the device and view through the camera.
- Tap Next and select the device you want to share whether a camera or a doorbell.
- Enter the invitee’s email address and tap Send, then tap Confirm.
- The invitee receives a notification on his Eufy app.
- he should go to the notification page and accepts the invitation to have access and view the camera.
The sharing feature has taken Eufy security devices to the next level as this feature will enhance your home security and let others have your back when you’re busy.
Enabling this feature is highly recommended when traveling to another city or country so that other people can intervene in case of an emergency.