Alexa compatibility is essential when purchasing smart home devices such as plugs, lights, doorbells, cameras, locks, and more because it adds a lot of conveniences and makes it easier for homeowners to control their gadgets.
Many people who want to change the lighting in their homes want to buy DAYBETTER lights, but they don’t know if they are compatible with this voice assistant.
DAYBETTER Wifi light strips and bulbs are Alexa compatible and can be controlled through the app and Alexa-enabled devices such as the Echo Show, Echo Dot, Fire TV, and more (DAYBETTER Bluetooth lights are not compatible).
The steps to connect Alexa with DAYBETTER lights.
In this section, we’ll look at the steps you need to go through in order to pair your DAYBETTER lights with Alexa, but first, you need to set up your lights on the Tuya app, download the Alexa app, and open an account if you don’t have one.
After setting up your DAYBETTER lights, follow these instructions to pair them with Alexa:
- Launch the Alexa app on your IOS or Android device.
- Click on the hamburger menu at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on skills & games and search for “Tuya Smart”.
- Tap on Enable To Use and connect to your Tuya account.
- A screen will appear telling you that your account has been successfully linked.
- Tap Add device and select other.
- Then click Discover Devices on the new page or say “Alexa, discover devices”.
- Go to Device to take control of your DAYBETTER lights that were discovered by Alexa.
You can now use Alexa to create schedules and routines, and also automate lights with other smart home devices. Voice control is also available and here are the commands you need to say:
- “Alexa, turn off my (light name).”
- “Alexa, turn on my (light name).”
- “Alexa, brighten my (light name).”
- “Alexa, dim my (light name).”
- “Alexa, set the (light name) to 45%.”
- “Alexa, set (light name) to blue.”
- “Alexa, set (light name) to red.”
As you have seen, the name of the light is required when playing a voice command, so you must assign a different name to each lamp or strip to avoid confusion, here is how to do it:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap on Devices at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Lights on the top of the screen.
- Then select the DAYBETTER light you want to edit.
- Tap the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Edit Name and rename your light.
Control DAYBETTER lights as a group.
Many people want to control their DAYBETTER lights as a group instead of each light individually in order to increase convenience. That is exactly why you need to create light groups in the Alexa app.
When your lights are all integrated into one group you’ll be able to manage all the lights with only one voice command instead of multiple ones, for example, in place of turning on your lights in the living room one by one you can just say “Alexa, turn on (group name)”.
So here’s how to create a group:
- Open the Alexa app.
- select the “+” icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then select “Add Group”.
- Choose a group name from the list, or create your own (Example: Bedroom Lights)
- Add all of the DAYBETTER lights you want to include in this group.
- Click Save.
The devices that can control the DAYBETTER light via Alexa.
There are many gadgets that you can use to control the DAYBETTER light strips & bulbs and some of them are provided by Amazon such as the smart speakers & displays.
Here are the devices:
- Android and IOS smartphones and tablets.
- Echo Dot.
- Echo Spot.
- Echo Show.
- Fire TV Stick & Fire TV Cube.
- Fire Tablets.
- IOS and Android smartwatches.
Pairing Alexa with your DAYBETTER lighting will help you a lot by allowing you to manage your lights just with your voice, which is great for people who don’t know how to use the mobile app or don’t want to have multiple apps to manage their smart home gadgets.
If you have additional questions related to smart lighting and Alexa voice assistant you can read other articles on our website.