The Shark Robot vacuum works automatically without you having to intervene, giving you plenty of free time, this device will also keep your floors cleaner and reduce dust and other allergens in a way that your manual vacuum cleaner could never do.
Some users want to increase the efficiency of the device by connecting it to Amazon Alexa, which will allow them to create routines, set timers, control the robot via voice commands, integrate it with the rest of smart home devices, and more.
So, can Shark Robot Vacuum work with Alexa? The answer is yes this device was designed to be compatible with Amazon Alexa and I will show you how to connect them together in order to benefit from this integration.
How To Connect Shark Robot Vacuum with Alexa?
There are a few steps to follow in order to connect your Shark Robot to Amazon Alexa, the first one is to set up the robot on the SharkClean app which you can find on the AppStore or Play Store depending on the model of smartphone you have.
The second step to do is to download the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile or tablet and create an account, the Alexa app is also available on the AppStore and Google Play Store.
Now follow the next steps to connect your robot vacuum to Alexa:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and log in to your account.
- Tap on More at the bottom right corner.
- Then tap on Skills & Games and search for “SharkClean”.
- Tap on “Shark” and click Enable To Use.
- Enter your SharkClean account credentials to authorize Alexa to access your SharkClean app.
- Another screen will appear telling you that the account is successfully linked, tap on Close.
- After that click on Discover Devices to allow your robot to be used by Alexa.
- Go to Device to take control of your Shark Robot that was discovered by Alexa.
If your robot is having connection issues, this will prevent it from properly connecting to Alexa.
So here is an article that can help you solve this problem: “9 Ways to Fix Shark Robot Vacuum Connectivity Problems”.
After that, I recommend turning off Do Not Disturb mode on the Alexa app so you get notifications when the robot finishes cleaning or when it encounters issues. Here are the steps to follow in order to disable this mode:
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app.
- Go to Devices, then choose “Echo & Alexa”.
- Choose your device.
- Then tap on “Do Not Disturb”.
- Turn Do Not Disturb off.
Alexa’s Voice commands to Use With The Shark Robot Vacuum.
When Pairing the Shark robot with Amazon Alexa, you’ll have the ability to control it via your voice using voice commands, this feature will boost convenience and reduce your interactions with the mobile app which may benefit many people who don’t like the app interface or find it complicated to use.
Here are the voice commands that you can use to control your Shark Robot Vacuum:
To start and pause your Shark robot:
- “Alexa, turn on (Robot name).”
- “Alexa, ask Shark to start (Robot name).”
- “Alexa, tell Shark to pause my (Robot name).”
To dock your robot and check its battery:
- “Alexa, turn off (Robot name).”
- “Alexa, ask Shark to send (Robot name) home.”
- “Alexa, ask Shark, what is the battery level of (device’s name)?”
- “Alexa, ask Shark to check the battery level of (device’s name).”
To locate your robot:
- “Alexa, ask Shark to locate (Robot name).”
- “Alexa, ask Shark to find (Robot name).”
To schedule your robot:
- ”Alexa, ask Shark to schedule vacuuming on Thursday at 9 AM.”
- “Alexa, ask Shark to cancel vacuuming on Thursday at 9 AM.”
- “Alexa, ask Shark, when is the next cleaning cycle?”
To change the suction mode:
- “Alexa, set the mode to ECO on (Robot name)”
- “Alexa, set the mode to NORMAL on (Robot name)”
- “Alexa, set the mode to MAX on (Robot name)”
To use Room Select (Only available with IQ and AI models. Prior setup required in the SharkClean App.):
- ”Alexa, ask Shark to start cleaning the living room and office.”
- ”Alexa, ask Shark to vacuum the office.”
To clean high-traffic zones (Only available with AI models. Prior setup required in the SharkClean App.):
- “Alexa, ask Shark to start cleaning the high-traffic zones.”
- ”Alexa, ask Shark to vacuum the high-traffic zones.”
To check the status:
- “Alexa, ask Shark, what is the status of (Robot name)?”
To enable UltraClean Mode™ (only available with AI models):
- “Alexa, ask Shark to ultraclean my kitchen”
- “Alexa, ask Shark to ultraclean my high-traffic zones”
How to Change The Name of Your Shark Robot Vacuum.
Changing the name of your Shark Robot Vacuum is important especially if you own more than one robot to let Alexa, it’s also important to give a simple name to your device to make it easier for Alexa to hear and identify (avoid using symbols such as @, -,_, etc.).
- Launch the Alexa app on your mobile or tablet.
- Tap Devices at the bottom right of the screen.
- Go to your vacuums list.
- Then choose the Shark Robot you want to edit.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Edit Name and rename your robot.
Alexa compatible devices From Which You Can Control The Shark Robot Vacuum.
The following devices are the ones you can rely on to manage your Shark Vacuum cleaner via Amazon Alexa:
- Amazon Echo Dot.
- Amazon Echo Show.
- Amazon Echo Spot.
- Amazon Fire TV.
- Fire Tablet.
- Android devices.
- IOS devices.
- Your computer.
Pairing your Shark robot Vacuum with Alexa has many benefits for users, such as centralizing control of home devices, using voice commands to manage the robot, which will limit your interactions with the app, creating routines, and much more.
So, I hope the article was helpful to you and you are welcome to come back to this blog post whenever you want to connect one of your robot sharks to Amazon Alexa.
If you want to connect your Shark vacuum to Google Home, I’ve already created an article on how to do that so you can check it out here.
- 6 Ways To Fix Eufy Doorbell Not Working With Google Home. - May 23, 2023
- How To Fix Arlo Doorbell Charging Issues? - May 21, 2023
- Arlo Doorbell Stops Recording? – Here’s How To Fix It. - May 4, 2023