The Eufy Camera offers many features to help secure your home, such as 1080p video resolution, up to 1-year battery life, night vision, motion sensors, and more.
This camera is smart and can send you alerts whenever motion is detected and lets you access the live stream and watch the recordings via your smartphone or tablet.
When the phone or tablet battery is dead, you can’t access the camera and see what’s going on inside your house, so many people wonder if they can watch Eufy cameras on a PC or a Mac.
There are many ways you can do to watch your Eufy Camera on your PC or Mac and including from the web portal, casting your mobile screen on your computer, uploading the clips stored on the SD card, or downloading the app on the Eufy Security app on your computer.
How Do I Watch The Eufy Camera On My Computer?
In the following sections of this article, I will explain in more detail the ways you can rely on to view your camera on your PC or Mac.
Solution 1: Go to the Web Portal.
Our first solution to watch your camera from your computer is to access the live view from Eufy the web portal by going to this “web address” and then logging into your account with your registered eufySecurity account and password.
Note: From the Eufy web portal you can watch the live view, but the recordings are not supported yet. However, cloud storage users are able to access their recorded videos via this interface.
You can access this link to see the steps to follow in order to open a Eufy Security account.
Solution 2: Cast your mobile or tablet on your computer.
This is the easiest way you can use to watch your Eufy camera recordings and live view from your PC or Mac, casting your phone or tablet screen lets you mirror your device to the TV so you can enjoy your content exactly as you see it on your mobile or tablet device but on a larger screen.
This method requires you to be connected to the internet and also requires the presence of your tablet or phone unlike the previous solution.
Here’s how to cast an Android device:
- Go to Settings and search for “cast”, then click the search result.
- Select Cast, then Tap the 3 dots on the top right corner and tick mark “Enable Wireless Display”.
- Your PC Device name should now appear, Tap on it.
- Your Android display will now be cast to your PC.
- Go to your Eufy Security app and access the footage or live view and it will appear on your computer.
And here’s how to cast the IOS device:
- Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the device screen or swiping down from the top right corner of the screen (varies by device and iOS version).
- Tap the “Screen Mirroring” or “AirPlay” button.
- Select your computer.
- Your iOS screen will show on your computer.
Solution 3: Download the Eufy Security App.
Downloading the Eufy Security app on your computer is also an option, if you’re a Macbook user you can download it from the “App Store” and if you’re a Chromebook user you can download it from the “Google Play Store”.
If you are not a Macbook user or a Chromebook user, I recommend you use an Android emulator to download the Eufy Security app and access your camera from a computer.
I recommend using Bluestacks which is a tool that allows you to run Android apps on your computer and it is compatible with Windows.
Follow the steps below to access your Eufy camera from the Bluestacks emulator:
- Open your web browser on Windows.
- Then go to this website: bluestacks.com
- from this website download BlueStacks and install it on your PC just like you do with any other application.
- Once installed, Open the BlueStacks on the computer.
- Click on the Play Store and log in to your Google Play account.
- Then search for the Eufy Security app and install it.
- Once the app is installed on BlueStacks, click on it and log in to your account.
- Then tap on your Eufy Cam on the app and the live stream will appear.
Solution 4: Upload the clips stored on the Eufy camera SD card.
The last solution in this article is to watch your Eufy camera recordings by uploading the clips stored on the SD card to your PC or Mac, with this solution you can only watch the recordings, not the live feed.
Here are the steps in detail:
- Take the SD card off the camera.
- Put it on a micro SD card reader.
- Plug the micro SD card reader on your computer.
- Then access and view the files using a media player.
So these are all the solutions that you can use to watch your Eufy Smart Camera on a PC or Mac, you are free to choose the easiest one for you and you can always come back to this article to see the steps to implement it.